Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Recording 4: OZ Park

CLICK PLAY!

Recording Location:
This recording was taken at Oz Park in Lincoln Park near my apartment.
Technique:
I recorded this as if I was hearing it myself. What this mean is I attatched the microphone to the collar of my jacket so that the sound being inputed woul hit the mic pretty close to the same way that it hits my ear. Still, since I am using a low-end, voice-recorder microphone I pointed the mic towards the sound source since it is not capable of capturing ambient sound very well.
Why Here?:
 I chose to record here because Oz Park is somewhere I walk through every day with my dog. You can hear my dog's chain in the recording because this recording was taken on an actual walk through the park with him. Every day during the week at Oz Park around 3:30PM many of the Lincoln Park Highschool students gather at the basketball courts to hang out after class. This recording captures what an average week-day sounds like when you are walking through Oz Park. 

4 comments:

  1. Good that you have become part of the post; however, I still don't have a clear sense of purpose here--and why I should as a reader/viewer care. I'm going to open this up for class discussion on Thursday. Let's see what we can recommend as a group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still have to do some of the tweaking we discussed after class last thursday in order to help clearly present my purpose but that would be helpful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice image, and I enjoy how easy it is to get through your post. I think to help push your blog further you should focus on what these sounds/location mean to you and get more personally involved which your starting to do here. Clearly as a reader I feel partially disconnected from the selection of the spots you have chosen and I would like to feel apart of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this post definitely has a personal tone, especially with your mention of your dog (what kind?). i agree with ryan, because this post and blog seems personal, you should add more personal meaning to it. i really like the direction it is going, though.

    ReplyDelete